Oily and acne prone skin can also be sensitive and just because the skin is oily it doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be moisturised. Read on for some skincare advice for oily skin types. If you have oily skin, you may be overwhelmed with the amount of products on the market specifically targeted for oily skin. In no time you can spend a lot of money and still not know if you’re taking care of your oily skin the way you should be. Here is a list of what you should be doing daily and weekly to make sure your oily skin is getting all the TLC it needs.
Daily Skin Care Needs for Oily Skin
- Cleanse morning and night. People with oily skin do well with a gel based of “soapy” cleanser – try Elave Oil Free Skin Balancing Cleansing Gel, it contains pure active antibacterial Manuka Honey for a deep cleansing treatment. This will help clean out pores and strip away excess oil. Look for a cleanser specifically for oil skin.
- Splash skin with cold water. After cleansing, splashing the skin with cold water will act as a toner and help close open and large pores that are often associated with oily/acne prone skin.
- Use a light moisturiser. Many people with oil skin are afraid to moisture their skin. But guess what? Even oily skin needs to be moisturised. Use something light such as Elave Oil Free Skin Balancing Moisturiser, it is a sheer quickly absorbing cream with a matte finish to combat shine on oil skin.
Weekly Skin Care Needs for Oily Skin
- Exfoliate once or twice a week. Exfoliating your skin helps to get rid of the dead skin cells and encourage cell turnover, which brings healthy skin to the surface faster. If you’re acne prone, be gentle. Over exfoliating can cause more breakouts. Glycolic products are also excellent for oily and acne prone skin try Elave Age Delay Cleanser and Elave Age Delay Night Treatment for a gentle approach to exfoliating the skin.
- Use a weekly mask. Large pore size is a common complaint for those with oily skin, so by using a clay mask once a week with help tighten up and clean out pores.
Occasional Skin Care Needs for Oily Skin
- Acne treatments as needed. Using a spot treatment or an all over face acne treatment will help combat acne and help keep it at bay. Use as needed, but remember, acne starts before you can see it. If you are prone to acne popping up on a regular basis, use an acne treatment once a day on a continual basis.
- Stick to a skin care routing. Remember it may take up to 6-8 weeks to see an improvement in the skins appearance so stick with your skincare routine and you should see improvements.